Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Twingiant's Nikos Mixas's Top Ten Doom Records

Top 10 Doom Albums 

Nikos Mixas (2nd from left)
1. Trouble – Psalm 9

When I think of doom, I immediately think of this album. This is the proverbial bar and blueprint for doom. There’s nothing more to be said on this.

2. Candlemass – Nightfall

This is a close second to Psalm 9Nightfall has more riffing and leads and that’s the only reason I can’t put it as my top doom album. I have probably listened to this album more throughout my lifetime though.



3. Pallbearer – Sorrow and Extinction

This very album made me revisit doom again. I keep holding out faith that Pallbearer will be able to top “Sorrow and Extinction” one day, but that day has yet to come.

4. Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath

5. Black Sabbath – Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 

6. Black Sabbath – Volume IV

7. Black Sabbath – Sabotage

8. Black Sabbath – Paranoid 

Yes, I lumped 5 classic Sabbath albums together. What’s there to say? You going to disagree with me? I didn’t think so…

9. Candlemass – Candlemass (2005) When I started to revisit doom again, I started pouring through all the more recent material from both Trouble and Candlemass. This albums contains the heaviest Candlemass riffing to day. Deep inside I really like this album more than “Nightfall,” but that would be crazy of me to actually place it higher on my list (Credibility = Zero).

10.Miles Davis – Kind of Blue

Yes, this is a DOOM album. Open your fucking minds and just listen to it. Just imagine Iommi playing those trumpet riffs on a SG through a Laney. You picking up what I’m putting down now?

No comments:

Post a Comment