Thursday, July 12, 2018

Film School with Isdal

Isdal
From the far western shores of Washington...Seattle to be precise...comes a band deep diving into the metals.

It's Isdal.

This Friday they're unleashing their demo in the world. That would mean that they're trying to get going in this crazy mixed up world of ours.

It's time to let them all know. 

Instead of talking to them about their bludgeoning first release, we talked about movies.

Check it out!

1. What's the first movie you remember seeing as a child?

[Eric] Probably Nightmare on Elm Street. I used to watch it every morning before school with my sister back when I was in the first grade. Ohh weee, that sounds dark.

2. When I was little, my parents didn't give a damn about what I saw when I was little, so it wasn't until I was about 12 that my folks told me to turn a movie off. What's the first one you were told you couldn't see/finish?

I don’t think my parents cared what I watched, but if I had to wildly guess, I’d have to say the movie Crash because it is so hopeful. Just kidding, but really, if you want a safe movie, you watch Crash. 

You want a raw movie, you watch Brokeback Mountain or Munich. #78thAcademyAwardShitShow

3. The only time I walked out on a movie was when I saw An American Werewolf in London,. I was too scared, but in fairness, I was five. Have you ever walked out?

I have yet to walk out on a movie.

4. Seeing The Empire Strikes Back in theaters sparked a lifelong love of Star Wars flicks. That was the first movie that I saw that brought me into a community. What's yours?

Maybe not a community, but once you go Fast and the Furious, you become family.

5. For the past 25 years plus of my life, I've been watching the Monty Python flicks and give me four minutes and I'll recite any scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail at you. What can you watch that many times?

I can probably watch Castor Troy and Sean Archer battle it out all day every day. Or maybe Dutch, Dillon, and Mac go H.A.M. in the jungle. Or maybe Miami Connection… 

Too many awesome movies out there.

6. Comedies are the movies that really help me escape from daily life, well, those and Sci-Fi/Fantasy. What about you?

Music helps me escape from daily life. Movies are just knee slapping good times, which I guess is a form of escape. 

Guess I just love escapin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment