Monday, November 17, 2014

Album Review: "The Art of Vengeance" by NervoChaos

The Art of Vengeance
It's been a little while since I've reviewed new band from Brazil.I suppose the last one was Sarcofago...

When it comes to Brazilian extreme metal, everyone is familiar with the might Sepultura...as was the singer of Sarcofago.

NervoChaos is an extreme metal band from Brazil, Sao Paolo to be exact, but that's about all they have in common with the two aforementioned acts.

As I alluded earlier, NervoChaos has been around for nearly 20 years and could scarcely be considered a new band on the scene.

Vengeance is their sixth album and their first studio record since 2012's To The Death. Clearly this is one of those times where a veteran band has slipped my radar and I don't know what NervoChaos is, but thankfully, they don't seem to know either.

NervoChaos
This promo came to me without any information on the band. It was about the strangest thing. So, when I started listening to it, I had no expectations other than I hoped that I'd enjoy it!

The vocals are growling and thick. Slow and intelligible. They sound like pain and anguish than anger and revenge.

The guitars have that thrash metal timbre. If Kirk  Hammett came out with his guitar sounding like this, no one would be upset.

So this is extreme thrash metal right? Well...no.

The music whips all around from song to song. There is thrash, straight Tampa Bay death, and flat out grooving.

There's also an interlude that for a second, I swore I was listening to Eye of Solitude.

The drums sound like shotgun blasts, the album swings, and frankly they don't care what genre of metal they fit into because...I guess boxes are boring.

Release: 12/9/14
Genre: Metal
Label: Greyhaze Records
Facebook Link


No comments:

Post a Comment