Monday, October 28, 2019

A Man Walks Into A Bar with The Last Reign's Brian Platter

Let's check back in with a band whose sound is ready made for all the things we love to enjoy, The Last Reign.

Their new EP dropped a week ago today. You should get on over to BANDCAMP to check out that flavor.

In the meantime though, let's see what they do when the cross the threshold of their local public house...

1. Which is your favorite kind of bar and why? It can be any kind. Whiskey, Beer, Wine, Coffee, or Steel. 


For the start of the day I'm a huge fan of coffee bars, I've always had a favorite local place to grab a solid cup of coffee, no fancy bullshit flavors needed just a good quality cup. 

For any other time I prefer the local neighborhood beer based bars. Generally the dirtier and louder the better.

2. When you get up to the 'tender, what's your normal order?


I do appreciate certain craft beers, I lean towards Porters and Stouts the most often but my go to is the classic P.B.R. (Pabst Blue Ribbon) for any night I plan on having more than a couple.

3. How did you find your local spot and what made you wanna keep coming back?


Local Music, generally speaking the bars I visit the most are the ones hosting the bands I want to see. It's not too often I go out to a bar for other reasons.

4. What is the craziest thing you've seen happen but didn't take part in there?


I recently saw Dino from the Murder Junkies guide an audience member through inserting a drumstick up his ass, I guess that's not a surprise though if you're familiar with the band. 

I have to say the craziest thing I've seen would be the level of talent that goes through such a small bar, just recently I've caught Virgil Donati, Tony Mcalpine as well as the guys in Arch Echo and plenty others infront of very very small crowds.

5. Do they have musical acts there and have you played it?


Yes, music is part of the foundation of the business and I (as well as the rest of the band) have definitely played there.

6. Is it harder to name a bar or a band? What would you name your bar?

I'd say bar, it's a physical stationary location where it's immediately judged by name before anybody decides to even walk in. I feel like you can get away with a bad band name if you're good enough. 
I'd pick a name relevant to the location and history of the building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment