Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Atomic Kavemen

Atomic Kavemen
Atomic Kavemen are riding high after the release of their latest EP, Everybody Loves A Dead Man. They're digging it so much, they talk about it during pizza time.

It must be good.

Find out on BANDCAMP.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.

San Francisco doesn't really have its own variation, but we do have decent representation from other locales. We have gourmet deep dish with cornmeal crust.

We have doughy American style. We have floppy new York style. We have crispy thin like you would get in Italy.

There are no tracks about pizza on the new Atomic Kavemen EP, Everyone Loves a Dead Man.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? I will occasionally get Canadian bacon and pineapple.

I think the sweet and savory combo works pretty well. I would pair it with the song Bravado, from the new Atomic Kavemen EP.

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.

I don’t have a story like that, but I can tell you that the first time I had Little Star pizza from San Francisco, with its amazing cornmeal crust, I was floored.

 It is expensive though. I ordered one last month instead of taking my kids to Disneyland. I do wish more pizzerias would play the new Atomic Kavemen EP, Everyone Loves a Dead Man.

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?

If there is a specialty for that area, I look for that. Otherwise, I’m checking reviews and trying to find a local standout.

I love all varieties of pizza, but my favorites are usually high end gourmet types, or the thick crusted American style.

Sometimes a good focaccia is nice variation as well. You can hear the cornmeal influence in some of the vocal inflections on the new Atomic Kavemen EP, Everyone Loves a Dead Man.

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

Sausage and mushrooms. I'm a minimalist and kind of picky about toppings anyway. Hopefully the sausage is high quality fresh stuff and not that preformed dog food looking stuff that the chain restaurants use.

All toppings work well with the new Atomic Kavemen EP, Everyone Loves a Dead Man.

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?

I drink a lighter ale with pizza. Something like a Rolling Rock. There is not currently a beer named after the new Atomic Kavemen EP, Everyone Loves a Dead Man.

But if there were, that would almost certainly be a perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment