Monday, August 27, 2018

1 Up with Flummox's Alan Pfeifer

Flummox
There's something about this band, but it's hard to put my finger onto it. It's on the tip of my tongue, but here we are and I can't grab it.

What is it about Flummox that has me so...charmingly befuddled?

They're a band that's kind of in the out. It's hard to pigeonhole them into any type of music without about seven different names in it....they're sort of Post Psyche Blackened Trout Metal Core Peel...

However you'd like to consider them, be sure you consider their latest album, Intellectual Hooliganism, that releases on September 8 via Wood and Stone Productions.

Alan Pfeifer is one of the criminal geniuses behind this band of merry weirdos.

There's a lot to unpack on this record, but instead of that, we're talking about video games.

Glacially Musical: My first system was a pong clone, the yellow and black Odessey 300. What was your first Console?

I had a Gameboy Color first; it’s was the purple see-through one, and I played the heck outta some Pokémon yellow!

GM: My stepdad was certain we'd destroy the TV playing Pong so we had to play it in secret, either when he was a sleep or when he was out of the house. Did you have to jump through any hoops to play games?

The first time I played Devil May Cry in on PS2, I muted the TV so nobody could come in and see the M rated carnage

GM: What about hand held games? Is that something you ever got into?

Yeah! My gameboy color kept me occupied in many after school days and long road trips for sure.

GM: The idea of not being able to play something drove me nuts, so I started playing games in their original Japanese. Did you ever get into imports?

..Not too much; I kinda dipped out of gamin for a bit in early college, though that does sound like a fun thing to do!

GM: What's your favorite sports game?

Super Smash Brothers

GM: Dragon Warrior got me hooked on turn based RPGs, something that's still happening. What's your favorite style of game and what was the first one you played?

I really like action games! My favorite series is probably Metal Gear, with the Devil May Cry games a close second. Adventure games like Zelda are a big one for me too.

GM: Favorite system?

PS2; the quality and diversity in gameplay, plus the fact that it was such a huge jump in tech blew me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment