Friday, September 20, 2019

Classic Spins with Jacob from Majestic Downfall

Last year, Majestic Downfall put out their latest record, Waters of Fate.

You should probably check that stuff out at Bandcamp, and in the meantime, let's talk about some kick ass much that Jacob digs.


1. My favorite kind of album is the concept album. The Wall is my absolute favorite. Beyond the amazing songs, it has spectacular nostalgia for me. What's your favorite one and why?


Definitely, if I had to choose a favorite concept album it would be Quënsryche´s Operation: Mindcrime. 

Lyric-wise and musically it doesn´t get any better than that. They were at their top in those days and that can only be heard! 

2. My very first album was Live Evil by Black Sabbath. Since then I've had a strong affinity for the live record, even if they're a bit fake. KISS set the bar with Alive!. Surely, it was fake, but it's got the best concert feel of anyone.

Tell me about your favorite live record?


I fucking hate live albums, never liked them and surely never will. 


That being said I think the only live album I can stand is King Diamond´s - In Concert 1987: Abigail, just as you mention, there is absolutely nothing fake here, pure magic. 


Oh, I also like Priest... Live, pure fakeness though!!!


3. There are a great number of records I've turned to for my moods. What do you listen to when you're angry? Sad?

When I am angry definitely the album that pops most in my sound system is Dismember´s Indecent and Obscene. I think no other band ever has been able to capture that level of aggression and intensity, and closing with Dreaming in Red aaaaaarrggghhhhh. 


And when I am sad, let´s see, I think I will have to go with Anathema´s Serenade´s or Saturnus Saturn in Acension, dooooom doooooom and more DOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!

4. One of my friends laughs at me, routinely, for loving the Misfit Toys of albums by major bands. Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed, Carnival of Souls by Kiss, Diabolous En Musica by Slayer, etc. 

What's the strange one that you love?

Maybe Fell Sorry For The Fanatic by Morgoth, I know it ain´t as good as their other rotten ultra filthy releases but I find it pretty fucking interesting!


5. It's almost fashionable to release live versions of albums or re-record the old ones. King Diamond is releasing a concert with Abigail front to back. Roger Waters has done The Wall twice. Which ones do you have in your collection?


This interview just came round!!! Fuck the new version of Abigail, I won´t even hear it, nevaaaaaaa. I only have the 2 albums I mentioned, and I guess will have them till I die. 

No more, no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment