Thursday, December 3, 2020

Cartoon Express with Inferno Doll

Look, you know what I'm going to say if you've paid any attention to what's been going on here for the past way too long.

I love talking to folks who share my interests that reside in another country. 

Today, we've got Chile's (later Calgary, Alberta) Inferno Doll talking to us about animated shows and movies she's gotten into.

You should thank her by streaming her latest EP on BANDCAMP.

1. From a very early age, I gravitated towards anime. I never knew Speed Racer was anything other than just another cartoon. What is the first one you watched that really shaped your tastes for years to come?

The very first one I don't really remember. But I used to watch a show when I was a kid called Piripao. It was a show in Chile.

And in the show, they had this section called “El Festival de los Robots” or The Festival of Robots.

My favourite ones were Steel Jeeg, Great Dragon Gaiking, Magne Robo Gakeen, and so many more. I also liked Starzinger a lot! 

2. The Simpsons came about when I was turning 12. It was a great moment of transition for Americans to finally have animated shows geared towards adults as well as children. Tell me about your first cartoon that wasn't strictly for kids.

I have to say it was Cobra: The Animation. 

I loved that one!!

3. It would be unfair to ask you to name a favorite. So what do you love about your three favorite shows?

From when I was younger Robotech. Oh my god! I would watch the episodes over and over again. I loved everything about it: the robots, Minmay and her voice.

I also like Castlevania. I actually watch the 3 seasons more than once. It’s a great great show in my opinion. And the other show I like is Death Note (not the movie though).

4. It was hard for me to really get into REAL anime, but I'd have to say that my entrance was Princess Mononoke. Tell me about your favorite anime and how did you get into it?

I never got into anime, not much. But I have to say that Princess Mononoke stole my heart when I saw it back in ‘99. And Howl’s Moving Castle.

I love those two!

5. The holy trinity of adult shows is The Simpsons, Futurama, and Family Guy. Tell me why your favorite is the best.

Because they have vampires and Dracula! Castlevania… hehehehe! 

6. Animated shows or features?

I like both

7. Let's hear about your favorite shows/movies from when you were a kid.

As I said at the beginning, all the robots cartoons. I also liked a lot Captain Future, Spartakus and the sun beneath the sea, Sailor Moon, among others. 

It’ll be fun to see all those shows again!

No comments:

Post a Comment