Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Sophomore Jinx with Becoming The Lion

Have you ever talked to someone about becoming an Animagus? Well, I'm not 100% certain, but perhaps, Becoming The Lion has.

Check out these Wisconsinite's records over on BANDCAMP.  

While you're streaming one of their tracks, find out what life was like in high school!

1. There is nothing more awkward than sophomore year of high school. Tell me about your circle of friends. 

R - My circle of friends was constantly changing from year to year from middle school to high school for one year or another. 


Some were expelled from school and some went off to rehab so I guess you could say I had to navigate through social groups a bit to survive for my scholastic years. 


During sophomore year I was getting closer to a group of guys from my JV football team. I wouldn’t consider any of us the typical “jock” type but having a place to hang out with after school was a nice change of pace for me. 


We were just quirky kids trying to have some fun.

 

 2. By this time in my life, I'd given up on all extracurriculars in my school. Tell me about how you spent your afternoons.

 

R - Most afternoons were made of either football practice, wandering around the west coast, or playing video games. 


A big thing for us was airsoft, we spend many a weekend shooting these hard pellets at one another.

 

3. During this time is when I finally discovered Pink Floyd. I had a copy of The Wall on cassette. It was a grey one. That album was my escape. Let's hear about your favorite album from back then. What format was it on?

 

R - I think around that time I was getting into metal-core type genres. 


I think Avenged Sevenfold’s Waking the Fallen was a regular favorite of mine. I think Atreyu’s The Curse and Thrice’s Identity Crisis all became some of my favorites around that time. 


Mostly all mp3s for me.

 

4. What was the name of your high school and did you have a favorite class?

 

R - West High in So Cal. I didn’t really ever have a favorite class in school. Kinda just slept my way through most of it. 

 

5. How did your school's football team do that season? 

 

R - That year we went to the division final only having lost one game I think. We didn’t end up winning, but I think it was like a 3-4 point spread. A really close game.

 

6. What instrument were you playing at that time? 

 

R - I was playing guitar around that time. It was many a year before I ever attempted to try the pipes out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment