Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Classic Spins with JP Buzzard of Rockin' Engine

Good morning! It's time that you've met this band from Ottawa, Ontario, Rockin' Engine.

One could hazard a guess that they're a throwback band that's really ready to rock'n'roll like freight train.

Well, you could find out more about their latest album on BANDCAMP.

Now you can find out where they get their ideas!

1. My favourite kind of album is the concept album. The Wall is my absolute favourite. Beyond the amazing songs, it has spectacular nostalgia for me. What’s your favourite one and why? 

The concept album that really captured me is W.A.S.P.'s Crimson Idol album. Great songs from beginning to end, very dark. Based on the rise and fall of a rock star called Jonathan Steel. There's a lot of madness, pain, anger, loneliness and love throughout this story. It's like reading a great book you just can't put down. 

2. My very first album was Live Evil by Black Sabbath. Since then, I’ve had a strong affinity for the live record, even if they’re a bit fake. KISS set the bar with Alive! Surely, it was fake, but it’s got the best concert feel of any one. Tell me about your favourite live record. 

Kiss Alive is definitely one of my favourites as well. But one I truly love has to be Speak Of The Devil by the prince of darkness himself Ozzy Osbourne. Hearing this album at a young age was just WOW, the cover alone speaks for itself. Nothing fake about this madman. 

3. There are a great number of records I’ve turned to for my moods. What do you listen to when you’re angry? Sad? 

Good question, I can vary with my moods. It all depends on what triggers my moods. Most commonly when I'm angry I'll listen to Vulgar Display Of Power by Pantera and when I'm sad/depressed, that can definitely be different. I can go from Adele to 3 Doors Down or Staind etc... 

4. One of my friends laughs at me, routinely, for loving the Misfit Toys of albums by major bands. Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed, Carnival Of Souls by Kiss, Diabolous En Musica by Slayer, etc.. What’s the strange one that you love? 

Carnival Of Souls is awesome. For me it would have to be Rock Ain’t Dead by Heavy Pettin' , I'm not sure they would be considered a major band today but they were and still are to me. Totally has that old Def Leppard sound.

5. It’s almost fashionable to release live versions of albums or re-record the old ones. King Diamond is releasing a concert with Abigail front to back. Roger Waters has done The Wall twice. Which ones do you have in your collection? 

Mine would definitely have to be Queensryche's Operation LIVE Crime on record and video. Absolutely incredible music and show. I was blessed to see this show live.

No comments:

Post a Comment