Monday, November 30, 2020

Vinyloscopy with Topon of Fuck The Facts

If you're feeling lucky li8ke me, you'll be thrilled to get a little more out of Gatineau, PQ's Fuck The Facts.

Listen to some tunes on BANDCAMP while ya read would you?

1.   Listening to Black Sabbath's eponymous debut the night I got it blew me away. 

What's the album that sounds the best on vinyl compared to digital sources?

I have Lionel Richie’s “Can’t Slow Down”, which is one of my favourite records. I downloaded the album as well but it doesn’t sound the same. Not sure if it’s a re-mastering thing or not.

2. I was laying in bed one night and couldn't sleep and I figured, it was time to start buying records. How did you come to the idea that it was time to start buying vinyl instead?
 
I’m old enough that buying records was just the reality when I was a kid.

3. For my old stuff, it's vinyl worthy, for new stuff, it's all vinyl if available. Do you buy everything on wax or do you have a vinyl worthy category?

I mostly listen to old classic stuff on vinyl, stuff from when I was a younger like old rock, pop, metal & punk. 

I get a few new records here and there, but when I want to kick back and throw on some records it’s most often stuff like Queen, SNFU, Marvin Gaye, etc…

3.   My second living room is where I keep it all. Upstairs, my 1971 Sherwood 7100-S, Receiver,  1975 Pioneer PL-200, and 70's Sansui 5 way speakers. Tell us all about your vinyl set up.

I’ve gone through a few different record players. I think I have 3 that are sitting in a closet that need to get fixed. At the moment I’m just running a SL-DD22. 

I only have one living room, so that’s where it all happens.

4.   Do you read the lyrics and go over the inserts when you're spinning?

Yeah, if it’s something new, but for most of the stuff I listen to I already know all the words.
 
5.   When someone says, I'm stupid for buying records, I tell them, thanks, more limited edition colored vinyl for me, what's your answer?

I’d say that’s a pretty rude thing to say, but to each their own. Also, congratulations on all the extra space you must have.

6.   My first album ever was Live Evil by Black Sabbath, so I'm stuck on live albums. What's the best live album on vinyl?

I got Iron Maiden’s “Live After Death” one Christmas from my brother. I think it was the first record that was actually mine, so I must of listened to it a million times.

7.   Tell me about your latest vinyl release.

We’re doing 300 records on white vinyl. 666 RPM.

8.  Listening to records is my comfort food for my soul. As mentioned earlier, I have a living room dedicated to it. I normally drink a beer or two whilst listening to music I love. Describe your normal listening experience.

I’ll often put on records when I’m working on stuff, like interviews. I’ve actually been listening to Blue Oyster Cult’s “Mirrors” album this whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment