Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Beer Thirty with Thanatopsis's David A. Couch

Let's check back in on Denverby way of Oakland's, Thanatopsis. This time David A. Couch is going to let us know what sorts of beers he drinks.

Say thank you to him by giving his band a follow on INSTAGRAM.

1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. 

Tell me about your favorite style

Well I am a seasonal drinker so I tend to enjoy darker beers in the winter and pale ales in the summer. I was a hop head like you but have kind of toned down on that…. 

2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. 

Which nation is pumping out the best beer? 

I don’t know which nation has the best, but there are plenty of good ones here, as you say. Both Thom (bass) and I used to work in a Brewery in Berkeley called Triple Rock that I think Metallica used to go into sometimes… 

3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul. 

What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot? 

I would drink all of that 

4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head, it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers? 

Where I live here in CO there are great ones and we even have two legit heavy metal themed breweries – a very metal town indeed! 

5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one. 

I probably gravitate towards hops a bit more 

6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New York. Genessee. What do you bring home? 

I also like Great Lakes Brewing in Cleveland, but usually, I finish all of my beers before I would be going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment