Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Fresh Fries with Mathieu Vilandre of Fuck The Facts

There are certain bands who just cannot get enough of my inane questions. It would appear that our new found friends from Gatineau, Quebec, are one of those groups.


Well, if they keep answering, I'll keep publishing. Seriously though, without the bands, there's no us, and I appreciate the fact that they give me the opportunity to speak of myself in the first person plural... You know, the royal we.


Now's the perfect time to stream a song or two on BANDCAMP.


1. Let's not pretend.  Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint?


I will answer through the form of a YouTube video. You’re welcome. 

2. When I was young, I remember hanging out at Hardee's eating roast beef (not their fried chicken), and smoking cigarettes at the table.


Tell me about some big changes at the place in your lifetime or tell me which part of my sentence is the most surprising and why.


We used to always go to this diner called La Station. Man, that’s like close to 20 years ago. I remember that place had quite a particular decor, it was perfect for a bunch of shitty teens like us.


It burned down a few years ago and they rebuilt into this cafeteria-looking-deprived-of-any-personality-restaurant.


I’m not surprised by anything in particular but I wouldn’t eat at Hardee’s. 


3.In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sandwiches. What's your town's local chain?


Admittedly, I don’t eat at fast-food chains often. Touring made me despise most fast food. One of the most popular chains around here is called St-Hubert, it’s a chicken rotisserie slash sports bar.


I’d say most restaurants in my neighborhood are small independent businesses, big chains are here too but not as omnipresent as in the United States. 


There's a great BBQ spot near my house, they make a great jerk chicken poutine.   


4. In the grand scheme of things, maybe this doesn't count, especially after the four glorious years we had with them, but here in STL, we don't have Tim Horton's.


Tell me all about the place you don't have and why you need them?


A few years ago, I would have said Chipotle but we have one in Ottawa now.  Anything but Whataburger, please.


5. We've had Culver's for about 15 years now and Shake Shack just showed up. So far, the only thing Shake Shack has going for it for me over Culver's is there's one in the city.


What's the overrated out of town chain in your neck of the woods?


I guess it would be McDonald's. I seriously fucking hate that place. Actually, I probably hate Subway even more.


That Subway smell just doesn’t work for me, ask my bandmates. 


6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. What do you love or hate about them?


I don’t think we have them in Canada. When I worked in Ottawa, I used to go to a few places downtown. The pig head taco at El Camino is pretty awesome.


I also enjoy the quesadillas at Ahora and the burritos at Burrito Borracho. The only thing I really need is a properly built margarita. 


7. White Castle. 


Oh, fuck no.

No comments:

Post a Comment