Thursday, November 5, 2020

Sophomore Jinx with Lindsay Schoolcraft

It's a rare day here at Glacially Musical. On a normal day, we're talking to metal guys about tacos and whatnot, but today...

We are talking to a Juno Nominated artist, a musician who's traveled and toured the world over, a woman who's dropped some amazing harp records and sold out her vinyl runs.

It's always an honour (and I'll stick in a superfluous U for her) when she gives my silly self the time of day, much less takes part in in one of my columns.

In case you didn't know, she's dropped her latest album and you can check that out on BANDCAMP.

1. There is nothing more awkward than sophomore year of high school. Tell me about your circle of friends.

At the time I was a bit of a drifter between groups and got along with almost everyone. As we all usually do at that point in high school. I did have a few close good friends and one of which I still keep in touch with today. 

I was in a punk band at the time so my style and image was far more different than it is today.”

2. By this time in my life, I'd given up on all extracurriculars in my school. Tell me about how you spent your afternoons.

I did too! 

At this point I would head home to play bass or head to band practice. I was also playing live with my first band at this point so if usually head to the local venue The Dungeon on Friday and Saturday nights.

3. During this time is when I finally discovered Pink Floyd. I had a copy of The Wall on cassette. It was a grey one. That album was my escape. Let's hear about your favorite album from back then. What format was it on?

They were all on compact CD. This was in 2004! 

So the albums I held dear and really cherished were Fallen by Evanescence, Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park, and Spit by Kittie.

4. What was the name of your high school and did you have a favorite class?

It was Father Leo J Austin and my favourite class was always music and biology.

5. How did your school's football team do that season?

I have no idea because I didn’t even pay attention!! Haha. 

All I know is we couldn’t repair our musical instruments because the school put all our money into sports.

6. What instrument were you playing at that time?

I played bass guitar and a little bit of electric guitar. I really wanted to learn piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment