Friday, November 20, 2020

Fresh Fries with Gary of Nuclear Winter

It's probably safe to say that many of us are feeling the crunch of the pandemic and we're tightening our belts a little bit here and there. 

One of the things I've tried to cut out is eating out, especially fast food places.

So, these are a great way for me to live vicariously through others' stories of deliciousness. The best part about reading this one is that it won't make me head out to my car and spend $20 on lunch because Gary is from Hare, Zimbabwe.

He's a leading member of the metal scene out there. It's probably safe to say that everybody in the metal scene is a leading member as there just aren't too many.

But it's always cool to hear more about other countries and ways of life. So stream his EP on BANDCAMP and let's get to it.

1. Let's not pretend.  Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint?

There's 3 really good places here in Zimbabwe.. Pizza Inn, Alechi and Mochachos. Pizza Inn is my go to place for pizza. 

Alechi does excellent burgers and Portugese chicken, and Mochachos is a really good but quite expensive Mexican take away - so I only go there when I'm feeling more extravagant.

2. When I was young, I remember hanging out at Hardee's eating roast beef (not their fried chicken), and smoking cigarettes at the table.

No big changes here that I remember apart from KFC finally coming here in 2014.

3.In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sammiches. What's your town's local chain?

That would be Innscor which has Pizza Inn, Chicken Inn and Creamy Inn. Chicken Inn is like a cheaper KFC and they are quite inconsistent - but on a good day their food is very good. 

Creamy Inn is just a fairly good ice cream/waffle place.

4. In the grand scheme of things, maybe this doesn't count, especially after the four glorious years we had with them, but here in STL, we don't have Tim Horton's.

We don't have Burger King or McDonalds. It would be great to have them just to have some more variety here.

5. We've had Culver's for about 15 years now and Shake Shack just showed up. So far, the only thing Shake Shack has going for it for me over Culver's is there's one in the city.

Probably Chicken Inn.. but because they are not too expensive you can't complain about how popular they are.

6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. What do you love or hate about them?

Mochachos is the only Mexican place we have here and of all the stupid things they don't serve Tacos. They have most of the other popular Mexican dishes so I can't understand why they don't have Tacos. 

Maybe we really need Del Taco here to at least fill that void.

7. White Castle.

Had to google that - hadn't heard of White Castle before. But it looks like they are quite good. I love burgers so should I ever come across them on my travels I'll give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment