Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Foods We Love With Begat The Nephilim "Viva la whiskey!"

Begat The Nephilim
If you wanna get into subgenres that you can't say fast, check out New Hampshire's Begat The Nephilim, the American Blackened Melodic Death Metal band!

What you need to know right now is that Unholy Anarchy Records is on the verge of releasing their album Begat The Nephilim I: The Surreptitious Prophecy/Mother of the Blasphemy on CD. 

You can order that HERE. Also, they're on Facebook HERE.

What you don't need to know, necessarily, but I'm going to tell you about is how they eat. So check that down below.

There might also be more information at the end...(teaser!)

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?
I'm a fat guy so I love every meal, but nothing beats a nice big southern breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausge, corned beef hash and sausage gravy over potatoes.

2. What's your most important meal of the day?

I just started intermittent fasting, so I only eat 2-3 meals within a short span all right around lunch time, so I have to go with lunch.

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.

Clams and beach pizza. I live on the NH/ ME border right next to the ocean with tons of marsh, and clams are a big thing around here.

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?

Seems like we are on the same page man for sure. Whenever we are out in your area we will have to go out for a big diner breakfast. You have the right idea.

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?

I drink alot of unsweetened iced green tea. But when I grab a coffee, there is a basic white girl shop down the street we all go to. 

And I always get 24oz wicked mudslide iced coffee with regular cream and liquid sugar.  But here's the kicker, you get a shot of banana flavoring and it kicks it to a new level.

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?

Haha. I'll have a coke from time to time, and I have had a strong bond with Canada Dry Ginger Ale since I was a kid, so I couldn't give that up. 

But most of us are beer drinkers. I love a good IPA or Lager. Not too big on darker beers. (you) Can only drink 1 or 2 before you are full.

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?

Viva la whiskey. We all drink a good amount of whiskey. I like Tennessee whiskey, like Jack, the others like more Irish whiskey like Jamison. 

But for beer, a couple of us go for taste when we can, but we are all down with slinging dad beers.

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?

Usually a water or a beer, sometimes a coke. All depends where I am I guess. 

Be sure to catch  Begat The Nephilim on tour. Dates below.

JUNE
10th - The Knitting Factory - Brooklyn, NY
15th - Bungalow - Manchester, NH
16th - Cooks Cafe - Naugatuck, CT
29th - The Tank - Agawam, MA
30th - 212 - Westbrook, ME

JULY 
12th - Century Bar - Philadelphia, PA
13th - Lakeside Tavern - Richmond, VA
14th - Grove - Knoxville, TN 
15th - Springwater Supper Club - Nashville, TN
16th - Highlands Taproom - Louisville, KY
17th - The Estate - Columbus, GA
18th - Verona - Port Richey, FL
19th - Warrior on the river - Tallahassee, FL
20th - Slims - Raleigh, NC
21st - The Palladium - Worcester, MA (W/ Summer Slaughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment