Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Foods We Love with Mark Kitchens of Stone Machine Electric

Stone Machine Electric
What do you know about Texas? 

As someone who's never been there other than the airports, I can't tell you all that much really. There's a band from Texas, if you couldn't guess called Stone Machine Electric.

You should probably check out their latest album, a live record called Viviere over there on the BANDCAMP.

Then if you're feeling particularly gregarious, you may wish to invite them to a delightful tea at your place round about 4pm over on FACEBOOK.

In the mean time, whilst you're digging on those live grooves, let's find out about their food schedules and what they think of tea time in general.

Did you know that venerated British Institution could only exist in order to exploit the working class?

Read on about topics wholly unrelated.

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?

It's usually dinner, since I'm lucky enough to have a Mrs who cooks. Props to her!

2. What's your most important meal of the day?

The most important is probably much because I usually don't eat breakfast. That is unless you count coffee or water.

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.

Hmmm. Maybe I don't venture out enough, as I'm not aware of any hometown delicacies in our area. 

We do have a lot of good BBQ joints, and there is always a hole-in-the wall Mexican restaurant nearby that has the good stuff.

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?

I'm all about jalapeno sausage rolls! If I eat breakfast, it's usually these from Smile donuts down the street from me.

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?

A tall cup of hot coffee in the morning, and an afternoon Coke Zero. 

Gotta watch those calories!

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?

I would love to quit soda fully! I was addicted to drinking energy drinks for a few years, but I finally kicked that shit.

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?

Typical go-to beer is Lone Star. I'm in Texas, duh! 

But, Division Brewery in Arlington, TX has made a hazy type IPA named after us, so we hope they have some more Stone Machine Electric brewed soon.

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?

I'm about the same way. Except coffee. I don't think anything goes with coffee. Well, maybe ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment