Friday, March 29, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with The Wolf Howls When I Scream Your Name

The Wolf Howls When I Scream Your Name
Welcome to Glacially Musical's latest feature: Pizza Pie Do or Die. That's how we announce that we're eating pizza in my house for some reason. 

I created it and we all say it. My family can fall in line when it doesn't really matter I suppose. In the grand scheme of things that do or don't matter though let's talk about pizza.

The food item now known as pizza is probably the most important Italian export since meatballs. In fact, because pizza can transport meatballs down our collective gullets, it's even more important than that.

Yes. I can say without fear of contradiction that Pizza is the second most important export from all of Europe.

Black Sabbath is number one...and speaking of metal bands from Jolly ol'England, let's have a laugh with The Wolf Howls When I Scream Your  Name.

They've got an tight little EP coming out in April. Be sure to be friends on FACEBOOK and BANDCAMP

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.


It's up there but it's not my favourite food, but okay it's not up for debate. I love pizza, there's three different dimensions of pizza i take seriously a proper italian thin pizza is my favourite, but sometimes you just want a full on scum of the earth pizza from the take away up the street I sway more to a hot & spicy pizza that destroys my insides often. 

My girlfriend often forces me into getting a Domino's so I'm kind of sick of them, but they have their place and they are great, they're just different, that's what I live around haha, but that's probably because I live in the drunk kebab culture that is England.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? 

I'm up for it to be honest, I've not had it since i can remember and there's probably a reason for it, it's the same with seafood pizza the idea of it is pretty good in my head, but there must be a reason in my inner hedonist that never picks when the moment to choose my food arises.

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.

I think at home there's often been those boxed Pizza Express ones, they're pretty nice but I don't rave about them, as a kid i'd get taken to Pizza Hut and then get taken to the cinema and stuff my face with popcorn, if i ever go out anymore for a pizza with my parents it's often at Pizza Express with a beer, I enjoy that but I prefer a proper Italian Restaurant and I don't always choose pizza in that situation. 

For me i just love a scummy, dirty take away pizza the most currently, but that's because I think I've over done Domino;s recently, though i always get excited about the BBQ base, we all do.  

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?

Anything that isn't chain pizza really when I've been on tour and chose pizza, saying that there was like an Artisan kind of stall at Sound City in Liverpool once and i got a really thin slice there that was covered in loads of toppings i can't even remember what. 

To tell you the truth, I'm obsessed with pies above anything. I like going for a curry, and I love Chinese food. 

Pizza is great but i don't seek it out very often.

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

You see, I'm a fucking idiot, I always, always go back to the one that destroys my insides.  

I just get a pizza with the most meat on it, and make sure it's hot as hell, and over the last few years I've learnt that isn't for me, but i just in that moment believe it's worth it, and it isn't, at all, but I''ll do it again.

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?

If any of my friends read this they will laugh. To be honest I won't have a pie without a beer, a steak and ale pie from a pub is my favourite meal on the planet.

I'm a real northerner in that sense, i often bring a steak pie from a chippy to my local pub and they let me eat it in there.

It's so wrong and that's what I love. I argue religiously that steak pies and better than a steak, I'm overly passionate about that, and I love good beer. 

A lot of people accuse me of being from Wigan because of my passion for pies and beer. The real question I get troubled about recently is whether mash or chunky chips are the superior choice once paired with a glorious pie, what do you think about that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment