Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Are You Ready To Rock with Triple Murder

The wild winds of Canada blew this interview down from the Great White North.

Precisely where the come from is a mystery to me! 

But you can check them out HERE.

1. Every major band worth its salt has released a live album. 

Tell me about your favorite A list band's live record and your favorite underground live album.

Iron Maiden: Live After Death

Pantera: Live At Dynamo Festival

2. Kiss, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, etc, all have released several live sets. Tell me about a band who's gotten you to purchase multiple live sets and why?

Pantera has gotten me to purchase multiple live sets simply because there's always something to listen for in their live shows! 

Whether it's a crazy improvised drum fill, one of Phil's off the cuff screams or Dimebag's re-iteration of his riffs.

Just all in all, very fun to listen to!

3. Now, it's time to take a stand. Would you rather have an album like Kiss's Alive! where the tracks were doctored into perfection or would you rather have a Jimi Hendrix Live At Berkeley set where they just mixed and mastered the tapes?

Definitely the Hendrix Live at Berkley set. If I wanted to hear a polished album I'd buy the record.

4. In the early '90s, Anthrax released a live album called Live: The Island  Years. Due to reasons beyond Anthrax's control, this one just never felt right to me and I soon unloaded it. Tell me about one that disappointed you when it came out?

Wasn't alive when that was released.

5. What's the right length for a live album?  

Between 1 hour and 1 1/2 of an hour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment