Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Film School with Curtis Dewar

It's always nice to check in with Curtis Dewar of Dewar PR.

If you're metal and looking to make a splash, he's your dude.

1. What's the first movie you remember seeing as a child?

E.T. I remember going to that movie like 6 or 7 times. 

As a result of watching it I developed an unhealthy addiction to Reese's pieces for a long time

2. When I was little, my parents didn't give a damn about what I saw when I was little, so it wasn't until I was about 12 that my folks told me to turn a movie off. What's the first one you were told you couldn't see/finish?

POLTERGEIST. 

The movie was on HBO and I kept sneaking peeks of it but my mom kept telling me it was too scary. One day she was in the kitchen doing dishes and cooking so I  turned it on when she didn't realize. 

I watched almost the whole movie before she realized what I'd done. She was pissed and while the movie didn't scare me, she certainly did!

3. The only time I walked out on a movie was when I saw An American Werewolf in London,. I was too scared, but in fairness, I was five. Have you ever walked out?

No! But I did fall asleep during Lord of the Rings. 

I've tried watching each one of those movies and cannot get past maybe 15 minutes before I conk out. I don't know what it is, but those movies literally put me to sleep.

4. Seeing The Empire Strikes Back in theaters sparked a lifelong love of Star Wars flicks. That was the first movie that I saw that brought me into a community. What's yours?

Hmm.... I don't think a movie has ever brought me into a community to be honest, books have tho. 

For example reading Stephen King's Needful Things when I was 15 made me into a horror fan for life and a complete and total horror nerd for a very long time. 

I still love horror but I don't nerd out on it like I once did.

5. For the past 25 years plus of my life, I've been watching the Monty Python flicks and give me four minutes and I'll recite any scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail at you. What can you watch that many times?

I think the movie I've watched the most as an adult is probably In the Mouth of Madness. That movie is fucking creepy as hell, yet cheesy at the same time. 

I love it, love it, love it 

6. Comedies are the movies that really help me escape from daily life, well, those and Sci-Fi/Fantasy. What about you?


The movies I watch are generally horror. 

I love all types of horror movies: Zombie movies, serial killers, plague movies, you name it I love it. I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with horror movies and books but I totally love em!

No comments:

Post a Comment