Monday, March 23, 2020

MEOWTAL with Turkey Vulture's Jessica

Are we all in for a Nor'easter? Today we get to hear from Connecticut's Turkey Vulture.

They're on BANDCAMP and you should be streaming the bejesus outta there stuff. They're cooking something up there that's a bit on the softer side....

Find out what.

But in the meantime, we're talking kitties. Because they have them.

1. In my house, we have three cats named Wickett, Louis IX, and Randall "Pink" Floyd. How many do you have and what are they called? 

We have two cats, Pumpkin and Trogdor. They are both girls.

2. It's obvious where our cats got their names. Where did yours get theirs?

I was driving around with my little brother eleven or twelve years ago, when I was in my early twenties and he was in elementary school.

 We saw a cat rescue in a local store and pulled over... And immediately fell in love with Pumpkin. I was going to name her "Peaches," but Thaddeus pointed out that his grandma's cat was already named Peaches. I asked him for another suggestion and he said, "Pumpkin."

 Trogdor is named after Trogdor the Burninator from the Homestar Runner web cartoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gz1DIIxmEE

3. We're three people with one cat each. My cat, Floyd, rides my shoulder like a parrot. What's an odd behavior your cat has?

Pumpkin licks Trogdor's butt.... Trogdor meows like she is annoyed, but she just stands there and Pumpkin keeps licking. It is weird!

 (Caught in the act!)

Trogdor always wants to be around Pumpkin; sometimes Pumpkin hangs out with her, but other times she hisses at her and swats her away.

 Trogdor also has a new habit of "petting" people's heads and faces with her paws. She's used to hate people until Jim showed up!

4. When I leave, I always pick a cat to be in charge of the other kitties. What's the wacky thing you do with yours?

Jim and I are brainstorming a children's book where Pumpkin is the main character -- I would say more, but Jim says to keep it a secret.

5. We have a half-Himalayan, a Polydactyl, and a Kitten Would Be God. What sorts do you have?

Both are tabbies. Pumpkin has some unusual black markings over her orange/buff tabby pattern that look like she was rolling around on the floor of a mechanic's shop; also, she has six toes on each of her front feet and five on each of her back feet. #evolution

6. Over the years, my cats have taught me absolutely nothing. What's the one thing you think they should be imparting to us humans?

I wish they would teach me how to relax, because that's all they seem to do. Turkey Vulture Links Facebook Instagram bandcamp Spotify Youtube

1 comment: