Thursday, March 12, 2020

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Lonescar

Let's talk about those delicious fat riffs.

But instead of riffs, let's talk about pizza.

Lonescar has a new record out on BANDCAMP.

NOW BRING ON THE PIZZA!

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.

Our home lies along the border of Texas and Mexico, so culturally, we're essentially living in Mexico. 

With that said, everyone down here loves a classic pie (hand tossed, hearty sauce, cheese and pepperoni), but some of us have added culture to the pie and come up with things like "Flaming Hot Cheetos & Taco Pizza" from Moran's Pizzaria. 

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? 


By itself, Pineapple has the ability to ease digestion, the potential to help prevent cancer, and has great anti-inflammatory benefits. 

When added to pizza, the most superior of all foods, these powers are only magnified, because pizza. Anyone who fears pineapple on pizza fears living.

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.


What immediately comes to mind is my mom (a first generation American) explaining how Pizza Hut delivery was a huge deal for her and my grandparents, since they were frugal and typically cooked their own meals to save money. 

It was a luxury to have something other than the usual beans/rice + meat meal! So because of that, I was brought up on Pizza Hut pizza, though I have no preference when it comes to my pies. 

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?


CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA IS LIFE. 

What's not to love? Chingos of sauce, cheese and whatever else you like on your pies!

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?


Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate pepperoni predicament. 

But to answer, my ideal pizza has at least pepperoni, mushrooms, and jalapeños. If given full creative control, I'll definitely include black olives, green pepper, and onion. 

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?


All of us in Lonescar love to drink, but personally, I try to avoid stouts, brown ales, or any dark heavy brews when enjoying pizza. 

I'd prefer those with a steak-n-taters meal instead. With pizza, my ideal brew is either Shiner Bock or Montucky Cold Snack, the two greatest beers on Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment