Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Pandemic Dispatches with Atavistia's Mattias

Today we're checking in with Vancouver, BC's Atavastia. It should be mentioned that British Columbia is presently rocking a Corona Virus curve like that of South Korea.

We should all be so lucky and in time hopefully we all will, but whilst you're reading this interview, won't you stream some metal via BANDCAMP?

1. How are things going where you are? The laws and such.


Things are beginning to open back up but there is still an uneasy feeling in the air..

2. How long have you been sheltering in place at this time?


For a couple of weeks now. I try to get out as much as I can though because I’m getting stir crazy haha!


3. What has been cancelled on you that you were looking forward to?



We were super excited for this year as we had a release show planned for May 29th, a summer festival in August, and plans for a tour shortly following. 


4. How have you been passing the time indoors?



Relaxing with the family, playing video games, and have begun to write more material!


5. Loads of artists have been talking about how they're being creative. When the lockdown is over are ya gonna be ready to hit up the studio?



The studio is where I’m trapped inside already! haha! 

However, being around the studio so much ironically makes me unmotivated and I want to do other things.. I’m finding inspiration and motivation doing other things at the moment and I’m excited to get rolling again soon!


6. What crazy projects have you been considering since you've been in quarantine?



I’ve done some session work but I think I’m letting my brain recuperate for now. There are some things in the works so stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment