Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Cartoon Express with Nuclear Winter

In what I consider to be one of the absolute greatest bits of irony, a one man band by the name of Nuclear Winter released an EP in the vast hellscape of a dystopian nightmare that was 2020.

Check him out HERE.

 He's one of the founding members of the nascent Zimbabwean metal scene. Get his tunes and you totally pull out some ACTUALLY on some folks.

So we're talking about cartoons.

1. From a very early age, I gravitated towards anime. I never knew Speed Racer was anything other than just another cartoon. What is the first one you watched that really shaped your tastes for years to come?

I mostly just watched the classics like Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, He-Man and The Road Runner - which was perhaps my favourite.

2. The Simpsons came about when I was turning 12. It was a great moment of transition for Americans to finally have animated shows geared towards adults as well as children. Tell me about your first cartoon that wasn't strictly for kids.

The one that I remember is Watership Down. Definitely not for kids for sure.

3. It would be unfair to ask you to name a favorite. So what do you love about your three favorite shows?

Nothing too specific - mostly just the humour I think.

4. It was hard for me to really get into REAL anime, but I'd have to say that my entrance was Princess Mononoke. Tell me about your favorite anime and how did you get into it?

I never got into anime at all - Not my cup of tea.

5. The holy trinity of adult shows is The Simpsons, Futurama, and Family Guy. Tell me why your favorite is the best.

Out of those I only watched a bit of The Simpsons - but not out of choice. If it was on I'd sit and watch a little but thats all. 

So I can't really pick a favourite from those 3.

6. Animated shows or features?

I do really enjoy Pixar movies - Cars and Brave not so much, but really enjoyed the others.

7. Let's hear about your favorite shows/movies from when you were a kid.

I loved a lot of the 80s shows like MacGyver, Knight Rider, The Golden Girls, Benson etc. Even watched the soap operas like Dallas, Dynasty and Santa Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment