Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Beer Thirty with Alexander

Remember our new friends in Alexander? Well now they're willing to give everybody the downlow on what kind of beers they're drinking.

Quick reminder, and I know it's hard to tell sometimes based on this silly blog, but Alexander are a musical act.

If you think they've got some good beer taste...

Check out some tunes HERE.

1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.

-- I love the ultra cloudy unfiltered citrus bitter as hell IPA’s, total sucker.


2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. Which nation is pumping out the best beer?


--- Jorg the drummer in ALEXANDER (who lives in Huckelhoven, Germany) loves what you would classify as piss water. 


It’s his absolute favorite and he would argue with you on this, he loves a stock American lager like no other in the entire world. 


I quite enjoy what Sweden has been doing with their IPA’s – some of the best tasting ones I’ve had when on tour over there, Mattias from FIREBREATHER is always introducing me to the best ones – sooo many.


3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul.


What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot?


--- I actually don’t know any of them because I can never find any.  The places we tend to play there only carry the Bavarian Purity stuff and I can never for the life of me end up getting to try anything else as time there is so limited we can’t go traveling looking for it. 


I’m intrigued though!


4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head, it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?


--- there is a great spot in Fredericton called Picaroons who has some really incredible stuff, also a new spot here in my city of Moncton called Flying Boats that has a literally foolish selection across the board of ultra nice craft stuff. 


The owner is a super nice guy and my sound engineer pal Erik Freding who moved here from Norway works there also – high recommend!


5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.


--- Hops!


6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New  York. Genessee. What do you bring home?  


--- I don’t get an opportunity to bring anything back from overseas, pretty much the USA only.  I recall a bunch of tasty IPA from Vermont were the last ones I snagged when I was down to see Brian Wilson, the names I don’t recall but – some real nice choices there in VT. 


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment