Tuesday, September 1, 2020

5 Min Origin Stories with Kore Rozzik

If you've been thinking about how you haven't heard about Kore Rozzik for a minute and you've been wondering how their music is formed, what their influences are, and other standard journalistic fare..

Have I got something for you!

Make sure you get all over their new album HERE.

1. Is there an event you can point to you that made you say, wow, that's the instrument I want to play? 

Not like guitar or drums, but the reason why you play the model you do?

The first band I got into was QUEEN. So I wanted to be Roger Taylor (Drums). 

My dad hustled me and I wound up with a guitar. I was naturally better at guitar anyways and I do recall see Kurt Cobain and thinking that it was doable LOL.

I started out with the Fender Squier. Which is a typical starter guitar in later years I went to the Jackson King V because I was a huge Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) Fan.

2. How do you write a song?

Usually the title or concept comes first and many times the tag riff and chorus come to my mind naturally at some point. The rest of the song can come together quickly or take years to emerge.

3. How many concept records do you own? Could you ever write one?

I have many concept records. Mostly from Alice Cooper wasp and Marilyn Manson. 

Yes my debut record Kore Rozzik's Vengeance Overdrive is a concept record with skits included that help push the story along.

4. Who's influence is most evident in your music? The least?

I would say currently Alice Cooper Rob Zombie Disturbed. The least? People probably don't see or hear as much my influence of The Ramones, L7, etc.
 
5. Which one of your songs is the one your the proudest of?


I would have to say Mistress. I think we created a dark and moody track that embodies everything theatrical and horror. 

The chorus is classic and yet modern at the same time.  

6. Sum up your latest record for us.

Vengeance Overdrive is a fun concept record about a misunderstood rockstar from NYC. Trying to silence his enemies and get to the top of the rock food chain. 

The music is a blend of hard rock and metal from yesterday and today. Lots of layers and themes. Great for fans of Alice Cooper,Ghost, Disturbed and Rob Zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment