Monday, September 28, 2020

Fresh Fries with Patrick de La Grange of Ghost:Hello


Recently it's been asked of me that I slow down on my consumption of the fast foods. I'm going to decide that's based on the 19 lbs I've added to my already ample frame rather than the fact that I'm wasting money hand over fist.

So, I'm really enjoying living vicariously through the folks who've decided I'm worthwhile enough to the their thoughts and feelings on the lovely poison.

Today's guest is the new drummer for Ghost:Hello.

Well...

What does he eat god damn it!

1. Let's not pretend. Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint? 

My favorite would have to be Five Guys. If you haven’t had their Cajun fries and their bacon double cheeseburger we can’t be friends. 

2. When I was young, I remember hanging out at Hardee's eating roast beef (not their fried chicken), and smoking cigarettes at the table. Tell me about some big changes at the place in your lifetime or tell me which part of my sentence is the most surprising and why. 

Well for the longest time I used to play out at this place called Fat Jimmys. Super rad metal bar in the basement of a sports bar. It was awesome, white and black checkered floors and barely lit. 

Just the way us metal heads liked it. Now it doesn’t even exist anymore. Sad times. 

3.In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sammiches. What's your town's local chain? 

I just moved to this little Amish town called Brewster. It’s so small that the main place you have to check out is Bellonis. It’s this little family owned grocery store. Their subs are fantastic. 

4. In the grand scheme of things, maybe this doesn't count, especially after the four glorious years we had with them, but here in STL, we don't have Tim Horton's. Tell me all about the place you don't have and why you need them? 

I’ve always wanted a White Castle. I have never lived anywhere that has one. It makes me mad. 

5. We've had Culver's for about 15 years now and Shake Shack just showed up. So far, the only thing Shake Shack has going for it for me over Culver's is there's one in the city. What's the overrated out of town chain in your neck of the woods? 

I would have to say Subway. I mean it’s cool. Everyone likes a spicy Italian. But I don’t need one every 5 miles. 

6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. What do you love or hate about them? 

No taco joints out here. But in the next town over they have a Hot Heads. I love that place. It’s like chipotle on crack. 

7. White Castle. 

Go. 

Yes please. 

Little burgers that somehow look terrible and taste awesome. Plus, red cream soda on tap. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment