Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Foods We Love With Kill No Albatross

Kill No Albatross
Before we get moving, really, it's hard to not talk about the name of the band. Is there anybody else thinking about The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner?

Well, Kill No Albatross hails from Burlington, Ontario in the eastern portion of Canada. 

This past summer they released their latest EP, Speak True Evil.

They're one of those new kinds of bands in this modern world that take a few different styles of music and put them together. The technicality of Prog, the accessibility of Rock, and the energy of Hardcore is pretty much the Tri-Force of power for these Burlingtonians.

Check out the EP on BANDCAMP.

While you think about that, let's hear about how they're eating north of the border.

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?

The one where I'm eating ice cream.

2. What's your most important meal of the day?

The one where I'm eating ice cream.

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.

Winona peaches are famed for their goodness. George Crotty also owns this local restaurant called The Scented Gypsies Bar, and they serve a great bass. George doesn't cook it, but I know the guy who does, James, and he's pretty cool.

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?

1 cup of oats, 1 cup of egg whites, 1/2 a grapefruit, 1 cup of Greek yogurt. Build dat muscle.

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?

Black, like my soul, and delivered intravenously.

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?

Not a fan of pop. Or beer, for that matter. I only drink alcohol when I'm trying to get drunk, because getting drunk makes me look cool and spontaneous in front of my friends and in reality I'm very ascetic (in a secular sense, that is).

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?

The best water brand is Kirkland.

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?

Water. Unless I'm feeling festive, in which case eggnog is the way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment