Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Foods We Love With Jezebel Slade

Jezebel Slade
You might recall our talk recently with Jezebel Slade, but you might also recall the review of their album we did back when they were called Van Halst.

Here we are talking to Jezebel Slade once again about the foods from up north.

Now, this isn't the only time, but she makes mention of Alberta Beef.

I'm reasonably certain that we're all familiar with Montreal Beef, Halifax Beef, Chihuahua Beef, and my personal favorite, Cork City Beef.

What? None of those things are real?

The difference here is that Alberta Beef is apparently a legitimate thing, like St. Louis Style Pizza. You can read all about Alberta Beef HERE.

In the mean, time hit up Facebook to keep abreast of Jezebel Slade's upcoming album and tour.

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?

Really depends on the day. On the weekend I would have to say breakfast because we usually cook a full hot breakfast. 

During the week I’d have to say dinner served with a nice glass of wine or cocktail.

2. What's your most important meal of the day?

Breakfast for sure- no matter what I always wake up hungry. 

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.

I’m not too sure what Toronto’s hometown delicacy would be but I’m originally from Alberta so I would have to say Alberta beef! 

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?

On the weekend 100% huge breakfast. During the week I enjoy a toasted bagel with cream cheese and slices tomato. 

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?

I love dark coffee with vanilla almond milk! 

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?

The only soda I like is coke zero- no calories in there ;) 

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?

This is a hard question because I have a huge passion for this; I spent a lot of years in the craft bartending field. For me I love Jack Daniels if I need a highball but my fave drink is a nice, smooth dark cherry Manhattan. 

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?

I pair my food for sure, habit from working in the service industry…. I like whisky with my red meats and wine with everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment