Friday, October 12, 2018

Foods We Love With Rapheumets Well

It's time to check in with classical metal band, Rapheuments Well. You can check out their single Betrayer HERE.

They like to blend all sorts of styles in together and couple those styles with kick ass face masks. As a former goalie, I can get behind bands wearing masks.

What? Masks are cool.

They just dropped their latest record, The Elder's Anthology via Test Your Metal Records. You can check that stuff out on BANDCAMP.

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?

Supper represent!  Some of us in Rapheumets Well like to fast because we're either lazy or we feel like it is healthy, but when supper comes around, we partake in such a way that makes up for all the missed meals! 

2. What's your most important meal of the day?

Well it is still supper.  It is like we have "earned" the right to eat, gorging ourselves with a sense of deserving confidence.  

Which in-turn make poopin feel more of a "earned" endeavor as well!

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.

We have LIVERMUSH, the food of the gods, best thing to fall off or out of a animal and be edible.  Any mom or pop place has good livermush sandwiches.  

We have a place called "Fry Daddy's" though its probably going to give everyone in Burke County diabetes, it is well worth it.  

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?

Ok, I am going to admit at this point I am celiac, I am not supposed to eat bread or much fried foods, but bacon, eggs, and gravy biscuits transcend any health concern here.  

But we do not go out for that, its straight up home cooking for this.  

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?

The south has many health concerns.  From Cherry Sundrop to Cheerwine, we love sugars and caffeine, but sweet tea....that is all! 

Just saying the words here is like invoking the Tigris and Euphrates river (of course in it's primordial and somewhat dogmatic version) as the elixir to life itself. 

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?


Whiskey, it makes telling the truth easier and less self degradation when you loose your pants........ and wake up in a bush.....in your momma's yard. 

So, whiskey!  Well, beer too. We will take all of it. Maybe some moonshine minus the Appalachian stigma.  

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?


Oh we are cheap here, we will take anything.  PBR, Heineken, Yuengling, and whiskey with a beer logo but still very much whiskey.  

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?

Hell, we will drink our food if it is a option ha!  We need to mix sweet tea with whiskey, call it....swheeskey tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment