Thursday, October 25, 2018

Hometown Tales with Jezebel Slade

Jezebel Slade
Do you recall me talking to Jezebel Slade about Food and Touring?

Until such point that I get that new record, it's going to be more of this because their last record, again, under the name Van Halst, was an amazing piece of metal.

It was the kind of metal that rocks the marrow of your bones and can turn your milk sour.

Their new record was to be entitled Jezebel Slade, and it apparently was strong enough to not only alter their direction, but transmogrify the band into that character.

This album is currently highly anticipated by Glacially Musical at least and it's expected to crush the predecessor.

As the band tarries, and details are scares, let's find out more about life in Edmonton, Alberta where certainly there's more going on than hanging out at the statue of Wayne Gretzky.

1. St. Louis City is my hometown. I've lived here for most of my life in and around the city. Where are you from?

 Originally I’m from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2. We have three things that don't really exist anywhere else: the slinger, the gooey butter cake, and toasted ravioli. Tell me about your hometown delicacy.

Alberta is definitely known for its Alberta beef. The steaks are amazing.

3. In St. Louis, though there have been others. Our biggest hometown team is the St. Louis Cardinals (formerly the St. Louis Perfectos, nee: the St. Louis Browns, not the AL team that moved to Baltimore.) There is nowhere you can go to escape it. I'm a hockey fan, not a baseball fan, so it's a bit weird to me. Tell me about your hometown's big team.

I have no idea hahaha I don’t follow sports…

I think the Edmonton Eskimos (football) have won the Grey Cup a few times and Wayne Gretzky played for the Edmonton Oilers back in the day.

4. St. Louis isn't really known for any one type of music scene. The biggest acts I can think of to get out of here alive were Gravity Kills, Nelly and the St. Lunatics, and Sheryl Crow. There's always been a vibrant concert scene though. What about where you are?

Well for Edmonton it’s mostly a country or folk music scenes, that’s one of the reasons why I moved to Toronto.

I guess Edmonton’s musical claim to fame would be Nickelback haha.

 5. 20 years ago, St. Louis had about 300 murders each year, floods, and all sorts of other fun things. You might have heard about us being named the Murder Capital of the USA. Nowadays, a lot here is 150. But there are lots of parts of the city that are returning to former glory. On the whole, St. Louis is a better place to live today than before. Is there anything like that where you're from?

Edmonton is home to West Edmonton Mall- biggest mall in Canada, it’s pretty cool. It’s also known as the festival city because in the summer there are festivals all the time.

6. Are you still there?

Nope- re-located to Toronto 3 years ago and will soon make the big move down to Los Angeles in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment