Wednesday, July 3, 2019

1 Up with Hosemen

Hosemen
If you're anything like me, right now your entire family is sitting in the sweet (not cheap) seats watching the St. Louis Baseball Cardinals, St. Louis's second best team. 

Yeah, I took the shot...do somethin' so called Best Fans In Baseball!


They're at the stadium, and I'm sitting at home listening to Iron god damned Maiden's Book of Souls live record...

And please don't tell my daughter...this is her favorite Iron Maiden album and she'd be straight pissed if she knew I was spinning it without her.

So, I'm doing my best to drink too much beer tonight for medical reasons and catch up on all these interviews I have to transcribe and publish. So many amazing bands have gotten back to me, and I'm still working on getting through.

Today, we're checking in with Stamford, CT's Hosemen. Am I alone in thinking that this is the Hoitiest of Toity cities?

Is it even a city? Anyway, Hosemen get on that stage and punish their guitars for you.

Find out why on BANDCAMP.

Now, let's talk video games, natch.

Glacially Musical: My first system was a pong clone, the yellow and black Odessey 300. What was your first Console?

My first console was Nintendo NES I think it was called. Then the 64 came out and Donkey Kong was the shit. 

GM: My stepdad was certain we'd destroy the TV playing Pong so we had to play it in secret, either when he was a sleep or when he was out of the house. Did you have to jump through any hoops to play games?


My brother and I had to share the TV with my sister so when the parents were out we would kick her off. However she would snitch and we'd get in trouble anyways haha

GM: What about hand held games? Is that something you ever got into?


Pokemon 

GM: The idea of not being able to play something drove me nuts, so I started playing games in their original Japanese. Did you ever get into imports?


Nintendo Game boy is where I stopped. Pokemon would be the go to then Xbox came out and I switched from there. 

GM: What's your favorite sports game?


I never got into sports games except for super monkey ball billiards or Wii sports. Bowling was the best! 

GM: Dragon Warrior got me hooked on turn based RPGs, something that's still happening. What's your favorite style of game and what was the first one you played?

My favorite style would have to be RPG as well. I moved on from the kid games when GTA Vice City and San Andrea's came out. 

Those are two classics we can't forget.

(???)

GM: Favorite system?

Game Cube because super smash bros reigns supreme over every other game.

No comments:

Post a Comment