Monday, July 1, 2019

Taco Grande with Ian Blurton

Ian Blurton
Some days I remember that this December, I'm going to be in Mexico for my tenth wedding anniversary. Hard to believe it's been that long for me.

But while you're thinking about wedded bliss and all those sorts of things, it's really best to start thinking about Veteran Canadian rockers, like Ian Blurton.

Here we have Ian Blurton talking to us about Mexican food. It's very, very strange how the world works out sometimes.

In the meantime, get in on his latest record, Signals Through The Flames, which you can get in CAD!

Seriously, get in on those CADs.

1. Everybody loves Taco Tuesday, but what's the best time to eat tacos for you and how many tacos do you put back in a standard sitting.

Everyday is Taco Tuesday in my world. I like tacos for breakfast and lunch and dinner and I generally like 3 or 4 tacos at one sitting.

2. Describe your perfect taco plate.


I like to share and try all the flavours the taco world has to offer and I love the variations that come into play depending on what city you are in. 

One perfect taco plate I had was when a friend from LA made fish tacos using his family recipe. 

Very simple and so good.

3. What is your beverage of choice when it comes to Mexican food?

Jarritos


4. My personal favorite Mexican dish is Camaron a la Diabla. It's this extraordinarily hot shrip dish. Comes with tacos, beans, and tortillas. What's yours?


I really enjoy Huevos Ranchero but I recently had the burrito (beef)/enchalada (chicken/spinach) combo plate with beans and rice at Amigo's in Saskatoon and it was great. 


5. Describe the feeling of regret you get after your carne asada arrives and you realize your belly is full of those delicious chips and salsa.


Always leave room for the main course!!

6. If you could only eat tacos, burritos, or chimichangas forever, which one and why?


It would be a toss up between tacos and burritos with burritos probably taking the slight edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment