Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Tim of Hound The Wolves

How many times have you thought to yourself...

You know, I am going to start of these things with my friends and then before you know it, you're running an entire enterprise.

(I know that feel personally. That's how this started. It was just me writing about the music I bought...now...yeesh.)

Well, Hound The Wolves started as an art project...now they're a full fledged experienced based on the occult and other such things that scare baby boomers.

Check out their upcoming SPLIT.

Before we head into the chasms of life...let's talk about some pizza pie.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.

(Tim) Pizza is Sizzle Pie, as Heavy Metal and New York Style Pizza are where it is at.



2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not?


I am not on pineapple Dawg, I just don’t really enjoy the sweet on my pie, I am more into the savory.


3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza.

Tell me your tale.

My first pizza love was Bama Bino.  I grew up in Tuscaloosa, AL, home of the Crimson Tide, and Bama Bino was a successful local chain.  They made the best pies.

My family lived out on the suburban side of town, and a location finally opened up where we could order from them, and we even visited the restaurant, which had one of the early large screen projection TVs, with the RGB bulbs. 

Eventually the owner somehow got into beef with the Greeks on campus, and they boycotted his restaurants and all the locations closed. It was back to Pizza Hut, and it was lackluster to say the least. My mom would make some chicago style thick crust pizza that was pretty good. 

Then freshman year of college, I ate a ton of Domino’s because you could order it delivered to your dorm on your card, and the cafeteria food got old pretty quickly.


4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?


I am a New York pizza lover. 

I lived in NJ outside of NY for a while, and the coal fired brick oven pizza you could get there was amazing.  A slice of pizza on the streets of NYC is an amazing thing.

Remember never to trust anyone who eats pizza with a fork!


5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

I like all kinds of toppings, pepperoni is a favorite, but I am with you in that it can give you heartburn. 

Cheese is a solid choice, I also like mushroom and onion. Nothing beats a well made caprese pizza with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella.  This interview is making me hungry!


6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?


I tend to prefer a lighter pale ale or lager with my pizza these days. 

Pizza is kind of a heavy with the bread and cheese and all, and heavier, maltier beers tend to make me feel bloated, and limit the amount of pizza I can eat. 

While it is a hard choice between pizza and beer, I prefer to enjoy a beer that does not inhibit my pizza eating, and vice versa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment