Monday, October 19, 2020

Beer Thirty with Adam Tremblett of The Dead Centuries

As we sit, my beer fridge, isn't quite fallow, but it's not bursting at the seams either.

Personally, if the beer fridge isn't full, why even have it in the first place?

As of this writing, it's holding some Public House Brewing Elusive IPA, Genessee Brewing 12 Horse Ale, and Public House's Marzen.


Tomorrow will be another fill up day. As the summer was financially as disciplined as Anakin visiting the Sand People...it's been a struggle to get back to Obi-Wan level discipline.


This summer has been hard and I've been filling all the holes with all the things I love, but it's not like this guy is so special in that regard.


In the meantime, spin this song if you didn't last week.

1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.


Lately, I’ve been a fan of sour beer, I find it’s an interesting style with a lot of variety and flavour.


It seems to be a relatively new style and a lot of Craft brewers and making new interesting sours. My current favourite is Left Field Brewery’s Bang Bang.


2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. Which nation is pumping out the best beer?


I may be biased, but I love a lot of Canadian beer. Left Field is based in Toronto, and they make some of my favourite beer, I haven’t tried one I didn’t like.


There are a lot of local craft breweries that make really good beer and I’m always stoked to find a new local craft beer.


3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul.


What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot?


To be completely honest I’ve never heard of Bavarian Purity Laws or Reinheitsgebot, so I’m sure there are probably some beers I drink that go against that haha.

4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head, it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?


My local brewers are great, Beau’s is a relatively local brewery that I like, Big Rig is another good one.


Big Rig recently started making a beer in partnership with a venue called House Of Targ, which is a pinball and arcade combined with a bar and concert venue.


5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.


I’m happy with most beer, but I do really enjoy a really hoppy DIPA.

6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New  York. Genessee. What do you bring home?


Typically I don’t bring too many beers home on trips, I may buy some for the hotel room but usually end up drinking them before I leave haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment