Thursday, October 29, 2020

Fresh Fries with Places Around The Sun

When this column was started, honestly, there wasn't any consideration to what it would it would be like to get a look at fast food on the Iberian Peninsula.

But, just because I didn't have the foresight to consider such a happening, right now it's fallen into our laps and we're going to lap it up.

Or should I say lick it up? Anyway, moving on.

Either. Stream you some sweet music on YOUTUBE whilst you find out about Portuguese burger joints.

1. Let's not pretend.  Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint?

Yes it is! I’m not ashamed to admit, whenever I find the perfect excuse like “I’m too tired to cook” or “What would really cheer me up is (insert fast food chain)” I don’t think twice!

My top two is for sure Burger King and KFC, those are the ones that really tickle my fancy!

2. When I was young, I remember hanging out at Hardee's eating roast beef (not their fried chicken), and smoking cigarettes at the table.

Tell me about some big changes at the place in your lifetime or tell me which part of my sentence is the most surprising and why.


Unfortunately I can not relate, since we don’t have Hardee’s here in Portugal! But when I was a kid the place that was the thing for me was McDonalds! 

When my parents, my brother and sister along with my cousins went to that one McDonalds next to my grandmothers house it was always the happiest day! It had a playground next to it and everything!

And one of the things that stuck with me since then is them not ever having the one toy from the happy meal that everyone wanted, it was always out of stock! 

I wonder if that happens in other countries as well, just like their ice cream machine never working! Great memories!

3.In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sammiches. What's your town's local chain?

All of these questions are leaving craving for the fastest, nastiest food my mind can think of, thank you!

Here in Lisbon, Portugal we have two well known local burger places, we have “Hamburgaria do Bairro” and “Honorato”! 

And there’s always that question of which is better, for me Honorato is way better and if you should ever come here you should try it! 

“Hamburgaria do Bairro” is also good but it’s too gourmet for me, a burger is just a burger and it should always be that way for me!

4. In the grand scheme of things, maybe this doesn't count, especially after the four glorious years we had with them, but here in STL, we don't have Tim Horton's.

Tell me all about the place you don't have and why you need them?


I’d love to try In & Out! We don’t have them here Portugal unfortunately! I’ve heard that it’s overrated, but I honestly just wanna taste it for my self! Every vídeo and picture I’ve seen from them it always look so absurdly tasty!

5. We've had Culver's for about 15 years now and Shake Shack just showed up. So far, the only thing Shake Shack has going for it for me over Culver's is there's one in the city.

What's the overrated out of town chain in your neck of the woods?


Probably Pizza Hut! Pizza Hut tastes great, but it’s way too pricey and comparing to others like Domino’s which is cheaper and for what it’s worth way tastier!

Pizza Hut has a special place in my heart due to the memories, but we have now part ways!

6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. What do you love or hate about them?


We don’t have Del Taco here in our city! We don’t have that much of taco options here in Lisbon, we do have a few, but they are legit Taco themed fancy restaurants and they’re pretty amazing!

I’ve heard there’s going to be a Taco Bell opening soon here in Lisbon! I’m actually pretty excited to try it out for the first time!

So I’ll send you a review when I try it!

7. White Castle.

Go.

We don't have White Castle in Portugal, but I love Harold & Kumar!  

No comments:

Post a Comment