Friday, October 16, 2020

Beer Thirty with Anthea

We're checking back in with Anthea. This time, we're going to hear all about beer preferences.

As always, get on their WEBSITE with the appropriate gusto.

1. My personal favorite beer style is the mighty Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut.

Tell me about your favorite style.

I’m definitely a sucker for any pilsner. When it’s on the menu, it’s always my go-to. My local favorite is Highland Park Brewery’s Fill Pills. 


2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. Which nation is pumping out the best beer?


I’d have to agree with you. American Craft Beer is just killing it. 


3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul.


What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot?


One of my favorite beers that breaks the Bavarian Purity Law is the Sierra Nevada Barrel-Aged Bigfoot Barley Wine. It’s super vibrant and not at all what I was expecting out of a 9.6 ABV. 


4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head, it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?


My local brewers are amazing and have hands down become favorites of mine. I’m lucky to live a few miles away from both Highland Park Brewery and Golden Road Brewing. Golden Road was my first favorite brewery. 


5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.


I’d have to say hops. Some of my favorites are Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. 


6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New  York. Genessee. What do you bring home?  


When I traveled to Mexico, I would always bring back Negra Modelo. This was before it was available in the US. My actual vice when traveling is grabbing a handful of coasters (and maybe a little water glass) from the local spots I visit.


Thankful for my wife’s purse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment