Thursday, October 15, 2020

Vinyloscopy with Fred Crew of Paradise

Let's see how things are in Montreal. It's my favorite French Canadian city that I've never visited. Really that last bit isn't necessary. 

I've yet to visit the Province du Quebec and I hope to remedy that in the very near future.

You can get their LP at BANDCAMP if you're into that sort of thing as well.

Now, let's find out about records.

Listening to Black Sabbath's eponymous debut the night I got it blew me away. What's the album that sounds the best on vinyl compared to digital sources? 

London Calling, The Clash 

I was laying in bed one night and couldn't sleep and I figured, it was time to start buying records. How did you come to the idea that it was time to start buying vinyl instead? 

One way or another, we all go back to our sources. Vinyl IS the source. 

For my old stuff, it's vinyl worthy, for new stuff, it's all vinyl if available. Do you buy everything on wax or do you have a vinyl worthy category? 

I’m basically tryin’ to buy all l have in cd’s and cassettes back in vinyl but it’s to much 

My second living room is where I keep it all. Upstairs, my 1971 Sherwood 7100-S, Receiver, 1975 Pioneer PL-200, and 70's Sansui 5 way speakers. Tell us all about your vinyl set up. 

My parents had a full Sansui system with the FR-D35 turntable before I was born and I’m still using it. 

Do you read the lyrics and go over the inserts when you're spinning? 

Sometimes 

When someone says, I'm stupid for buying records, I tell them, thanks, more limited edition colored vinyl for me, what's your answer? 

I convert them 

My first album ever was Live Evil by Black Sabbath, so I'm stuck on live albums. What's the best live album on vinyl? 

I don’t have much live albums butt my wife’s Duran Duran arena 84’ is quite fun to listen while cooking!

Tell me about your latest vinyl release. 

It’s powerful. I love every song, you just want to drive a muscle car right after the tone arm goes back to its rest. 

Listening to records is my comfort food for my soul. As mentioned earlier, I have a living room dedicated to it. I normally drink a beer or two whilst listening to music I love. 

Describe your normal listening experience. 

Beer or wine.. whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment