Tuesday, June 16, 2020

5 Min Origin Stories with Killitorous

One of the things I continually hear in my personal crusade for new music is why in the world should I listen to this band?

I have all the music I need.

Well, Killitorous answers that question better than I ever could on their BANDCAMP bio:

Killitorous is a three guitar technical death/grind band that features endless blastbeats, non-stop screaming, and relentless 90's movie referneces.

OK, I'm interested.

1. Is there an event you can point to you that made you say, wow, that's the instrument I want to play? Not like guitar or drums, but the reason why you play the model you do?

I am a singer, I will use any shitty broken sm8 that lies around.

2. How do you write a song?  

I used to be more into writing things that people can resonate to on a really personal level.

But for Killitorous its a lot of mix & mash of a lot of 90s stuff, movies, cartoons, actors, wrestling and a lot of pain and suffering.

3. How many concept records do you own? Could you ever write one?  

I mean, every band these days is trying to release concept albums, so a lot.
Lyrically I wrote one with my old band Epiphany From The Abyss which was a self-titled EP based on the 5 stages of grief.

4. Who's influence is most evident in your music? The least?  

As a singer, I would definitely say Trevor Strnad (The Black Dahlia Murder) , Phil Boozeman (Whitechapel) and Travis Ryan (Cattle Decapitation). They all have a very unique and distinctive sound so playing with that range vocally is a lot of fun.

5. Which one of your songs is the one your the most proud of? 

Eat your god alive is definitely a good one on our next album. Which will be released on May 7th.
We talk about how man is a slave to this god that gives them pleasures that will ultimately destroy them.

 6. Sum up your latest record for us.  

The Afterparty will be a mix of so many things you would probably never expect from a classic death metal album. This is by far the most experimental endeavor the band has come up with. There will be a bit of everything for everyone including tons of blast beats, a ton of shred, a lot of screaming, with some thrash metal thrown in there with some 80’s shred.

This band has always been a collaborative effort and we really wanted all our friends to have some input on it so there will be tons of guests and tons of fun.

If you are into breaking boundaries of genre, give this album a spin, and we’ll see you at the Afterparty.

No comments:

Post a Comment