Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Pandemic Dispatches with Gary of Nuclear Winter

Today Gary Stautemeister of Nuclear Winter is reaching out to us from behind the wall of quarantine.

Check out his upcoming EP on BANDCAMP.

1. How are things going where you are? The laws and such.

It's not been too bad here. The lockdown has been fairly relaxed and luckily there were no major shortages of anything in the shops. 

Normally people here panic buy for any little reason but surprisingly that hasn't happened. Hopefully we'll move to an even more relaxed lockdown soon.

2. How long have you been sheltering in place at this time?

The lockdown started at the begining of April.. but from the start we were able to travel around. 

We just had to avoid certain areas, like the city centre.

3. What has been cancelled on you that you were looking forward to?

There's generally very little entertainment here as it is - so there's nothing that I personally missed out on I don't think.

4. How have you been passing the time indoors?

I work from home anyway (my main job is doing 3d design) so its almost been life as normal for me lol, but with things being quiet from the lockdown I've found I've had some extra time to do some recording.

5. Loads of artists have been talking about how they're being creative. When the lockdown is over are ya gonna be ready to hit up the studio?

Well seeing I do my recording from home, I've just been trying to do as much as I can while things are still quiet - so luckily nothings on hold.

6. What crazy projects have you been considering since you've been in quarantine?

No crazy projects really - I'm just trying to work out new music as the inspiration takes me. I'm working towards an album which so far I feel is hopefully a step up from my previous stuff.. or at least slightly different so its not just a continuation of the same sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment