Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Pandemic Dispatches with Solar Flare

Another day and another band I'm checking in with. In the days of our current pandemic, I just want to make some connections.

Check out their BANDCAMP.

1. How are things going where you are? The laws and such.

Pretty ok for the most part. They’re opening up some places. Unfortunately shows are still weird and up in the air for now. Hopefully we can get back out soon!

2. How long have you been sheltering in place at this time?

Since sometime in the middle of March. It’s such a weird crazy time we’re in.

3. What has been cancelled on you that you were looking forward to?

We had a plan for a big production of a show, we’re still trying to work out rescheduling it. It’s gonna be awesome once we have the ability to pull it off, we have to be at a point where we don’t have such a small cap on capacity for shows. Who knows when that’ll be.

4. How have you been passing the time indoors?

My day job is essential so I’ve been staying busy between that, and spending time with family. It’s been ok for the most part staying positive and keeping my mind fresh from all the craziness.

We as a band have been doing some more writing and stuff!

5. Loads of artists have been talking about how they're being creative. When the lockdown is over are ya gonna be ready to hit up the studio?
I hope so! We have material floating around who knows maybe we will have a new release before we can play out again!

6. What crazy projects have you been considering since you've been in quarantine?

I’ve been too busy with life and working Solar Flare with this release. It’s been so good with so much positive reception.

Which has been consistent breaths of fresh air during quarantine. We’ve been putting focus around planning our next moves, and figuring out how we’re going to weather the storm so to speak. 

Although I have been thinking of doing a YouTube channel where I could do vocal covers of some of my favorite songs. I wonder if people would enjoy that! Maybe we’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment