Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Cartoon Express with Marc Bastien of Feed After Midnite

The Ottawa, ON power quintet recently dropped their first single out into the world. When's the last time you took in something new?

Here's a great time. BANDCAMP.

1. From a very early age, I gravitated towards anime. I never knew Speed Racer was anything other than just another cartoon.

What is the first one you watched that really shaped your tastes for years to come?

I think the first one I can remember is Masters of the Universe. There was just something about it that captured my young mind. 

2. The Simpsons came about when I was turning 12. It was a great moment of transition for Americans to finally have animated shows geared towards adults as well as children. Tell me about your first cartoon that wasn't strictly for kids.

Probably The Simpsons, it was fun, it was different, a bit rude, it was awesome. I was probably in fourth grade when it premiered and I remember my teacher confiscating all my Simpsons trading cards one day during class, I guess I wasn’t paying attention, and she said ‘my son is going to love these’.

I never got those cards back.

3. It would be unfair to ask you to name a favorite. So what do you love about your three favorite shows?

In first place for me has got to be The Real Ghostbusters. It was a kid’s show but at the same time not really, some of the themes were darker in the earlier seasons, which made greater stories in my opinion.

M.A.S.K. is also one of my favorites, the character’s masks, the transforming cars, the theme song, it was awesome.

For the post part I liked most Saturday Morning cartoons during the late 80s/early 90s.

4. It was hard for me to really get into REAL anime, but I'd have to say that my entrance was Princess Mononoke. Tell me about your favorite anime and how did you get into it?

I’ve never really gotten into Anime, the style is cool and all but not for me.

5. The holy trinity of adult shows is The Simpsons, Futurama, and Family Guy. Tell me why your favorite is the best.

My current favorite is Robot Chicken, definitely not for kids. I just like the variety of skits during an episode, for example, you can go from Star Wars, WWF Wrestling to He-Man all in the same episode.

6. Animated shows or features?

I prefer shows, the format makes it easier for us the viewer to get to know and/or identify with the characters as the seasons evolve.

7. Let's hear about your favorite shows/movies from when you were a kid.

I’ve always been a fan of 80s movies, Terminator, Ghostbusters, Goonies, Horror from that time.

For more info:

Facebook.com/FeedAfterMidnite

Instagram.com/feed_after_midnite_band


No comments:

Post a Comment