Friday, February 12, 2021

Sophomore Jinx with Nicarus

Today, we have somewhat of a first, Nicarus, is from Israel and she's going to give us a look back at how she was in high school.

That's kind of awesome.

Of course you know, I'd like you to be all about her BANDCAMP.

1. There is nothing more awkward than sophomore year of high school. 

Tell me about your circle of friends.

In high school I was mainly hanging with the boys, they were fun, it was in fashion to wear black long leather  coats back then and listen to Marilyn Manson.

I had red dreadlocks and very strange outlook, you couldn't miss me, we were a bunch of weirdos and freaks compare to the rest, we used to skip class and just chill and make stupid jokes. 

I was known as the crazy actor all around so i was ok with everyone and everyone were ok with me, this is why I was also directing and playing the main part in the prom play we have here when finish highschool.

2. By this time in my life, I'd given up on all extracurriculars in my school. Tell me about how you spent your afternoons.

I was singing in choir since i was 7 years old so i kept it going through highschool too though I hated it.

(I) had a silly rock band, preforming with an acting- improvisation group, writing funny and stupid songs on my accoustic guitar for fun, and hanging with friends. My afternoons were very busy i hated being home since my parents divorced, I was hanging more at my good friends houses than mine. 

I really did hated staying home, I was born where it was very boring, very small place, so friends, music, singing and playing the guitar was all you could do.

3. During this time is when I finally discovered Pink Floyd. I had a copy of The Wall on cassette. It was a grey one. That album was my escape. Let's hear about your favorite album from back then. What format was it on?

 Ho wow! I had a box of cassettes that my uncle gave me that blew my mind i remember listening for the first time to Black Flag and Aerosmith and it was so heavy it lured me in I knew nothing about it, but Smashing Pumpkins was probably the cassette I was listening the most at some point. 

But even before that one of my boyfriends at the time (that later on became a friend and a band mate) made me a cassette of RHCP the older stuff.

I think it was "blood sugar sex magic" and told me - "You must listen to it today I can't believe you don't know them" he was 4 years older than me so that wasn't fair.

I anyway fell inlove on spot! (I) couldnt stop playing it later i bought the CD when that was going on. I think i bought like 5 copies of this and "one hot minute". 

At the same Time one of my best friends at the time that i still call his mom - mom and i spent days and days at his home, we were making playlists together, his playlist was with very dark music this is how I came to know NIN which i had to have on all formats immediately, and Norwegian black metal that I wasn't into as much but was always there in the background and The Cure of course.

We were spending hours and hours listening to the Cure. Few of my friends called me Robert Smith since my hair was (for their opinion) very much alike.  

When burning your own CD became an option i remember i spent hours making my own CD's and home printing the albums cover art and i felt i won the system making my own CDs.  I also stole CD of Metalica from my dad that he accidentally bought (he was never listening to it)  the best thing that came out of him lol. PF and Gilmour (my #1) actually came in my life later on but of course stayed forever to this day.

4. What was the name of your high school and did you have a favorite class?

The name was Beit Yerach. I was really just enjoing listening to music in my CD player on breaks. 

5. How did your school's football team do that season?

We don't have that Football culture you guys have in the US. So we don't have high school football teams.

6. What instrument were you playing at that time?

I was singing and my shitty acoustic guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment