Monday, February 8, 2021

Vinyloscopy with Luca "Master" Marangoni of Ainur

OH SNAP CAKES!

Here we got us one of them Record Store Day bands. You wanna tell all your friends that you heard about them here first?

Don't, because your friends don't know whom I am. But, Rockshots Records is dropping a vinyl release of the new Ainur records on 6/21/21. 

Check it out HERE.

If you're not ready to spend all those euros in on place, check out their new single and then see how you're feeling. You can do that on YOUTUBE.

For now, let's talk bout some records!

1. Listening to Black Sabbath's eponymous debut the night I got it blew me away. What's the album that sounds the best on vinyl compared to digital sources?

Queen II, with no doubt at all.


2. I was lying in bed one night and couldn't sleep and I figured, it was time to start buying records. How did you come to the idea that it was time to start buying vinyl instead? 


I've always been used to listening to vinyl since I was a child because my dad had a great collection of classical music in that format.


Of course, when I grew older I remembered that kind of feeling that comes from vinyl and now I'm trying to buy all the album that I think they deserve a good quality to be appreciated on that format. 


3. For my old stuff, it's vinyl worthy, for new stuff, it's all vinyl if available. Do you buy everything on wax or do you have a vinyl worthy category?


As I said, I only buy vinyl albums that I think are real masterpieces according to my musical taste. 


4. My second living room is where I keep it all. Upstairs, my 1971 Sherwood 7100-S, Receiver, 1975 Pioneer PL-200, and 60's Sansui 5 way speakers. Tell us all about your vinyl set up. 


1979 Pioneer SL-300 record player, 1979 Pioneer SA-508 amplifier, 1979 Pioneer 3 way speakers, or Pioneer Monitor 10 stereo headphones


5. Do you read the lyrics and go over the inserts when you're spinning?


Of course, I do! That’s the best part!


6. When someone says, I'm stupid for buying records, I tell them, thanks, more limited edition colored vinyl for me, what's your answer?


If you can't appreciate good quality sounds that's your problem, I always want the best for the music I love!


7. My first album ever was Live Evil by Black Sabbath, so I'm stuck on live albums. What's the best live album on vinyl? 


I don't have any live album on vinyl so far, but if I must say what’s the best live album I have by now is Rock in Rio by Iron Maiden (on CD).


(NOTE: I have that one on vinyl. It's got some extra, unneeded, stage raps. Great pressing by Eddie and the Boys.)


8. Tell me about your latest vinyl release.


My latest release on vinyl is "War of the Jewels" from my Progressive Rock Orchestra Ainur.


It's going to be released on 19 March 2021 on digital support and starting from June on vinyl. Of course, if you like our music I highly recommend you to choose that support! 


9. Listening to records is my comfort food for my soul. As mentioned earlier, I have a living room dedicated to it. I normally drink a beer or two whilst listening to music I love. Describe your normal listening experience.


I sit on my chair or I lay down on my carpet, close my eyes and enjoy the magic... 

No comments:

Post a Comment