Monday, February 15, 2021

Sophomore Jinx with Starcrazy

When's the last time you watched Futurama?

That has nothing to do with this and I'm sorry I even brought it up, but most of my newer shows are on hiatus, so, back to Bender baby and he does love a challenge.

So, this band, Starcrazy, is glam + RUSH...

You find out at the BANDCAMP and I'll find out about their football team.

1. There is nothing more awkward than sophomore year of high school. Tell me about your circle of friends.

Well in Australia we don't have "sophomore" year, we just have Primary School and High School. 

My circle of friends in the first year of high school consisted of avid surfer/Blues music megafan, Lindsay Allan, Bassist extraordinaire, Blake Cateris and athletic handsome man, Jeremy Blum. 

We were kind of the outcasts due to our obsession with music but also kinda just got along with everybody.

2. By this time in my life, I'd given up on all extracurriculars in my school. Tell me about how you spent your afternoons.

Any time that we weren't at school was spent trying to write music and skateboarding. In fact we used to spend lunch times in the music room trying to hone our craft. 

It kept us away from naughty hobbies for a while.

3. During this time is when I finally discovered Pink Floyd. I had a copy of The Wall on cassette. It was a grey one. That album was my escape. Let's hear about your favorite album from back then. What format was it on?

For me it was probably Fly By Night by Rush on CD but thanks to YouTube, we were always discovering music and turning each other onto different stuff. 

We spent a lot of time listening to 70s Rock and Prog Rock like Zeppelin, Rick Derringer, Camel, Montrose and the list goes on.

4. What was the name of your high school and did you have a favorite class?

Leichhardt High School. 

Best class was Science cause Lindsay would always have a new album downloaded to listen to at the back of the room.

5. How did your school's football team do that season?

The Leichhardt Tiger Cats were dreadful around this time. They've really improved over the last couple of years though...

Goooooooo TIGER CATS !!

6. What instrument were you playing at that time?

Drums, Theremin and the tambourine.

No comments:

Post a Comment