Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Beer Thirty with Archangel A.D.

Archangel A.D.
Growing up, it was always time to bang my head. The only issue with that was when we thought that Quiet Riot was telling us to literally bang our heads on the walls....which we did...once.

Thinking about heavy, fast music, it's all about that thrash. Don't we all have a soft spot in our cold, black hearts for thrash metal? It was the first kind of metal to drop the heavy label. It was  years later when heavy came back to metal.

Then things were just brutal....but let's talk about a band from Southern Texas, Archangel A.D.

Last month they birthed their debut, Warband, in the world of the living by releasing it on CD. You should get over to BANDCAMP  and check that out.

Or, if you fear commitment, you can always put them in your friend zone on FACEBOOK.

In the mean time, we're talking to one of our new friends about beer. Our young man gives us beer tales below....

1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.

I honestly love stouts and porters. Every time I go to the local market I try to find a new stout or porter to try and one that I fell in love with is the milk stout from the Left Hand Brewing Company.

2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. 

Which nation is pumping out the best beer? 

I would have to agree with you there on american beer being the best and most innovative in the world.

3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul. What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot? 

I don't know if it counts, but my all-around favorite beer is Guinness Draught. It's so smooth and creamy and it just melts my soul. I'm pretty sure it breaks Reinheitsgebot.

4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head,it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers? 

 I haven't really explored any local breweries.

Where we live (South Texas, Rio Grand Valley), most people drink your standard piss water beers and that's all they need to be Cowboys fans.

5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one. 

I definitely pick malt. I absolutely love smooth and creamy beers. But that's not to say I don't enjoy hoppy beers as well, but given a choice of the two, I'll always go with malty.

6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New York. Genessee. 

What do you bring home? 

On a road trip its usually music that I'm bringing back.

We never really have the luxury of drinking when we are out on the road, and when we do, we don't have enough money for fancy craft beers. Thanks for the interview!

Hopefully we can do it again when the other members of Archangel A.D. are of age!

No comments:

Post a Comment