Wednesday, February 20, 2019

LP Review: "wilt & blossom" by Cartographs

wilt & blossom
Looking back at musical genres and my attitudes over the years fills me with a bit of shame.

Nothing serious that'll cause me to shave my head and self flagellate with my own Levi's 501's...but enough to cause a reflective shaking of the head.

The Post term, often derided by me as Post Toasties metal was the supreme way to ensure your record to remain unspun here.

Post Metal? How could that even be? Metal still exists. Well, the answer to that question remains as elusive as the Leprechaun's Pot of Gold...

Cartographs is one of those bands, should you take my meaning. As more and more of these Post-Metal bands invades my headspace, the feeling of misery really takes an effect with me.

Stilted arpeggios and thundering vocals leave little to be desired. The record switches between flowing chords and slightly dissonant melodic passages. Regardless of the tactic they chose, the effect was always instantaneous and powerful.

RELEASE 3/1/19 FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment