Friday, February 1, 2019

Beer Thirty with Death On Fire

Death On Fire
As I write this, my co-worker from Chiago, ya know for my real job, is coming into town and I asked him to bring me some Great Lakes IPA or their DIPA, because I can't get that here in the great city of St. Louis.

It's one of few serious beer flaw.

Today's we're talking to Chicago's Death On Fire for Beer Thirty. I asked for some Beer from Cleveland because I don't know any Chicagoland breweries.

Let's see if I screwed the pooch on this one.

Chicago's native death dealing cult-o-horde is presently riding on high on the release of their latest cassette tape, HOPE, which you can preview and purchase via BANDCAMP.

While that pummels your ears, let's talk beers.



1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.

I am not sure on the style but, the best beer is Speights Golden Ale from NZ

2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer

Which nation is pumping out the best beer?

I am more of a whiskey person if I drink at all. That said, Speights, NZ has it on lock down for best beers. Unfortunately they don’t import the good stuff so you have to go there to drink it. 

3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul. 

What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot?

Three Floyds has a few. Not sure the names as I sampled them at Darklord Days

4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head,it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?

Chicago has a ton of great ones. Probably too many to pick. I do love what Cobra Lounge does. 

They have great beers named after killer local bands and a nice rotating selection. 

5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.

Hops

6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New  York. Genessee. 

What do you bring home? 

Broken spirits and empty bank accounts. In all seriousness we don’t drink a lot on the road. 

Last trip we grabbed some sours and learned we don’t like sours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment