Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Bookin' It with Paul of Malphas

Malphas
If you didn't know, yes, it's true, I love Philadelphia. In fact today on the internets, we were comparing the Philly train map to the St. Louis train map.

To make a long story short, when discussing cities and their light rail systems, St. Louis's trains don't even come up.

Philly though, you get on that train all the over place and get Cheese Steaks. 

But today we're talking to Malphas. They're a band from that previously mentioned city. In fact, it's popping up a lot lately, but these guys? They recently released their awesome LP, The 39th Spirit on Via Nocturna.

You can shop that stuff HERE.

1. I try to read at least two books per month, and mostly fail, what's your goal and reality?

I’m pretty much in the same boat, I just try to read as much as I can. I’m constantly reading multiple books at once; it’s so hard for me to just focus on one at a time.

2. Encyclopedia Brown and Choose Your Own Adventure books were a big part of my childhood. What did you read back in Elementary School?

I read mostly non-fiction in elementary school. Stuff about animals, natural disasters, history, crime, etc. Fiction wise, I loved Harry Potter and the Inheritance series. Read all of those books many times.

3. It's no secret that I think Harry Potter is an amazing saga, but it wasn't until after the movie for Chamber of Secrets was released that I began reading the books. What was the big thing you were late on?

A Song of Ice and Fire. I was late to the Game of Thrones party back in 2015, but loved it and have been trying to catch up with the books ever since. 

I’m almost at the Battle of Blackwater in Book 2, and have read some chapters in books 3 and 5. Hopefully I’m all caught up by the time “Winds of Winter” is out.

4. My local library is amazing and I'm there pretty frequently. What do you like about your library?

I just order the books I want to read off of Amazon. Libraries are great, but it’s easier to own the books and have them available to read whenever you want.

5. Comic Books. Which ones are you reading?

I love Batman graphic novels. My favorites are “The Long Halloween,” “Dark Victory,” “The Killing Joke,” and “Under the Red Hood.”

6. What author can you just read again and again?

Murray Rothbard. I’ve been reading books from the Austrian School of economics since I graduated college, and Rothbard is my favorite so far. 

He’s extremely insightful and informative, while also being easy to understand at the same time. He’s a worthy read for anyone interested in free market economics, American politics, and the history of banking.

No comments:

Post a Comment