Thursday, February 21, 2019

Foods We Love with Huelga

Huelga
Who reading this doesn't love some progressive metal?

Heavy Metal has existed for going on five decades now and there's always been an element of complexity to the music. 

There's long been different levels of how progressive and how intricate songs needs to be. What would it be like if you couldn't articulate to the rest of the players how you wanted your song to go, but you could play drums?

That might be how Huelga became a one man prog metal band, but it probably isn't.

Anyway, my man likes to eat too...so let's get it on!

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day? 

Dinner only because I usually eat salads at night. I'm rating that based on feeling better about myself.  I usually over eat during breakfast that's when I feel the worst.

2. What's your most important meal of the day? 

Lunch, probably.  Lunch is the halfway point of the day so I'm either making it better or worse for the second half.

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know. 

Fideo.  I'm not sure of the history but it is an obscure Tex-Mex pasta-soup dish.  It is made with vermicelli.  

It is very similar to Mexican rice except for it is usually a lot more soupy.  Everyone in border towns eats this at home.  It is very unusual for a restaurant to serve it but when they do, I always want to see their take on it. 

I know of one place in Austin that serves it. 

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you? 

If I'm out of town or vacation I have to have Steak and eggs. If it is a Sunday, I have to have Menudo.  

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device? 

Straight up iced tea.  My current mixture is 2 family bags of Luzianne tea and 2 family bags of green tea.  

If I'm feeling festive, I might throw in a shot of Lipton te that comes in those little yellow bottles.

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here? 

I rarely drink sodas.  I just discovered a soda called Sprig it has CBD in it but they are $4 for a 12oz can. 

I won't be making those a habit.

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever? 

Hands down TRULY! I love these things! It is spiked sparkling water.  Basically my deal with alcohol is I want a quick and painless delivery.  

I feel that craft beer is like doing homework, spiked sparkling water on the other hand takes absolutely no effort. 

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?
 
Same here. I usually don't want to shift focus between eating and drinking.  I usually just get unsweet iced tea.  If they don;t have that I usually get water.

No comments:

Post a Comment